Friday, March 30, 2007

Don't Read a Book, Call Up Instead

I've been thinking a lot about blogging recently. We hope that one day our beautiful daughter will read this blog and discover our our hopes and dreams and the day to day joys of her growth from an egg and sperm to fully-formed mini person. We hope to continue blogging her childhood and any future pregnancies. Almost like a time capsule for her future.

I also find it interesting how blogging helps friends stay in touch but at the same time brings together people of like interests across the world. When I start to tell our friends about what Olivia has been up to they say, 'oh yes, we read that on your blog'. There are folks out there who never comment but keep abreast with happenings in the family M. I guess you must kind of forget that you haven't spoken to someone in person when you are able to keep so up-to-date with their lives via their blogs. It's the family newsletter for the 21st century!

Blogging technology means we are all able to broadcast our thoughts to a wider audience. You tend to pick up regular readers you have never met and likewise read the musing of folk on other continents. I thought I would recommend a few blogs that I have been reading recently. It is a case of, 'if you liked our blog, try this'.

We've mentioned the Zygote Daddy and Papa Bradstein blogs before but they are well worth a visit for a father's perspective on pregnancy and parenthood. Preganant Bloke also looks at the thrills and spills of pregnancy from the blokes point of view.

Life Is Just So Daily is a blog covering many topics but particularly parenthood, following the adventures of the adorable Gage. The Expectant Blogger explores the multitude choices facing expectant parents. Pregnantly Plump is a female perspective on all things pregnancy and baby; Am I Really Someone's Mommy? is another, albeit a little further down the road, being post birth now.

Moving away from the baby theme I will also give a big up to my 'bestest friend' Mrs W. Her blog Sun Salutation is surreal and beautiful, just like her!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the repeat mention. We love keeping up on Mum, Dad, and Olivia. It broadens our horizons across the pond, and reminds us that the world is a smallish place after all--that we have more in common than we have that separates us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that is sweet for mentioning me!

    :)

    Here's a big "Howdy" from Texas.

    And...I agree about your comments on blogging & it helps readers feel connected to the family...but here's the other side I've run into with that: some of my friends read my blog--so they know what's kind of going on around our house...but then they don't blog. So, I don't know the ins & outs of life with them.
    I just wish ALL MY FRIENDS WOULD BLOG!
    :)

    ReplyDelete