Wednesday, April 04, 2007

When You Get to the Bottom ...

I took Olivia along to baby clinic as usual on Monday and again she made a bit of a show of herself. While we were waiting for a changing mat to be available all the mothers near me started to sniff at their babys' bottoms. As I was the closest to the offending bottom I was too well aware the it was Olivia's nappy creating the fragrant smell sensation. Little did I know that the smell was the least of my worries.

Once a mat became free, I went over to strip her down to be weighed. I didn't need to get as far as looking in the nappy as there was poo in the pocket of her jeans and all over her vest. The nappy was so full of poop that it was leaking out of the leg holes!!! Of course as the clinic was only a few streets away and I was in a rush I just grabbed the little nappy changer and not the full changing bag so I didn't have a change of clothes with me. It is sods law that I carry tons of stuff about with me all the time and whenever I actually need something it is always the day I haven't brought it with me. So I ended up having to take her home wearing socks, a short sleeved T shirt and a clean nappy - not a great look but luckily it was very warm and I also had her cosytoes on the buggy.

This week she weighed 12lbs 3.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there!
    That's the way it always is: when you take EVERYTHING you could ever possibly need, you don't use 90% of it. but then when you leave things behind--you suddenly NEED every one of them!

    ReplyDelete