Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From a Careless Mistake

Got a phone call this evening from the maternity unit at the hospital. When we went for my 20 week scan they followed the scanning with a brief check up with a midwife. Having tested the obligatory pot of wee I was carrying in my handbag the midwife had come back and said she had to send it off as there were white blood cells present, which can be a sign of infection, despite the fact that I didn't feel any symptoms. So she sent it off and I kind of forgot about it.

When the phone rang this evening I thought they were phoning to tell me the results but no, two weeks after the sample was dispatched they were phoning to say it had leaked in transit and they needed a new one. No sense or urgency the,n - it has taken them a clear two weeks to work out that it has leaked and do something about it. So now I have to go up to the hospital tomorrow evening and give a new sample. Let's hope I don't have an infection after all as at this rate it might be Christmas and I'll have had the baby by the time they get the results back!

No comments:

Post a Comment