Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And Let the Blood Flow

Last week, while F_ was on holiday with his Dad and brothers, I had some spotting over night. I wasn't really concerned as had seen the midwife the day before, the baby was very active and I had no pain or contractions. But because it was something I hadn't had before with Olivia I thought I would just let the midwife know. A few text messages backwards and forwards and we established that it was fine as it had stopped and that I would get back in contact if anything happened, which it didn't. Not wanting to worry F_ about something that was really nothing I decided not to tell him until he got home.

It is likely to be a bit of cervical ectropion, one of the most common causes of bleeding in later pregnancy. This is basically where there are harmless changes to the cervix which cause a little bleeding. It may well have been caused by the fact that I rather overdid it during the refurbishment of my department at work. I find being pregnant really frustrating as I am normally someone who pitches in and lugs stuff around. I did try to take it easy but obviously not easy enough and so I have to take it a bit easier and not lift anything heavy, and that includes Olivia who weight 27 lbs!

Now all I have to do is persuade Olivia that she wants to go where Mummy wants to go now that I am no longer allowed to just pick her up and shove her under my arm!

1 comment: