Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 204 - F.E.A.R.

Having recently been sent a list of phobias, I thought I might compile the ones that seemed pregnancy or birth-related. This does mean I have to omit my favourite phobia of all time, Medectophobia, but never mind.
Aeronausiphobia - Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness
Agliophobia - Fear of pain
Coitophobia - Fear of coitus, sex, or sexual intercourse
Dishabiliophobia - Fear of undressing in front of someone
Emetophobia - Fear of vomiting or throwing up
Euphobia - Fear of hearing good news
Gymnophobia - Fear of nudity
Iatrophobia - Fear of doctors or going to the doctor
Kolpophobia - Fear of genitals, particularly female
Lockiophobia - Fear of childbirth
Nosocomephobia - Fear of hospitals
Nosophobia - Fear of becoming ill
Nostophobia - Fear of returning home
Nudophobia - Fear of nudity or nakedness
Obesophobia - Fear of gaining weight
Opiophobia - Fear of medical doctor's experience of prescribing needed pain medications for patients
Parthenophobia - Fear of virgins or young girls
Pedophobia - Fear of children
Ponophobia - Fear of overworking or of pain
Rhypophobia - Fear of defecation
Teratophobia - Fear of bearing a deformed child, monsters, or deformed people
Tocophobia - Fear of pregnancy or childbirth
Tomophobia - Fear of surgery or surgical operations
Yay - plenty to be scared of there!

3 comments:

  1. let me guess...medectophobia...fear of castration????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right general area, but no... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it hard to believe that I've ever worn any 'odd outfits'. I've always been a model of conservative dress.

    I'm more concerned about the fact that you appear to have been starting in such detail that you are able to comment.

    And no, I don't suffer from it. I like it because it's the most ridiculous phobia ever and it amuses me. That of itself should prove I don't suffer from it!

    Anyway, haven't you got a baby to give birth to?

    ReplyDelete