Monday, October 30, 2006

Day 208 - I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home

Well, I'm not a wino (chance'd be a fine thing these days!) but it was the best lyric I could find. And given some of the Mr Bean-type 'hilarity' I managed to get myself into last night, drink might not have made such a difference.
I am painting. I am painting over our lovely shocking lime green bathroom walls with white. It feels like a desecration. It feels... dull. However, we're not really doing it for us. The bathroom was looking tatty and it needed to be done and it's going to be easier to do it now that it is to do it later once the baby is born.
Yesterday, I slapped on the first coat. It's a bit patchy. There were a couple of occasions where I contrived to put myself, the paint roller, the damp cloth, the paint tin, a stool and the paint tray into an unforseeable sequence that merely required the addition of my natural clumsiness to turn the whole thing into a life size approximation of the kids' game Mousetrap, but with the added novelty twist of me getting paint all over the floor rather than a small plastic man being trapped in a cage. Otherwise it was identical.
We spent the weekend going back and forward to Southend. This was at least in part due to a much needed food shopping expedition, but also because K___ wanted a wicker baskets in metal frame type thing for the bathroom, followed by us returning it the next day when we saw how cheap it looked in reality. We've also done fairly major tidying and cleaning sessions of late and yesterday I was lugging a lot of redundant old crap down to the tip as a part of reorganising my study.
The driver for all this, I believe, is that K___ is now doing the whole nesting thing, even to the point of getting a lot of sticks and forcing them into the right configuration. Admittedly they were the decorative sort of sticks in an ornanmental vase, but hey, it's close, right?
Anyway, must finish up. I have to do all the brushwork tonight.

1 comment:

  1. she's definitely nesting.

    ...and trust me---do it now, help her, etc. When the little one gets here, it's soooo hard to clean out those closets, reorganize the cabinets, etc.
    DO IT ALL NOW, I SAY!

    ReplyDelete