Sunday, October 07, 2007

If My Heart were a Ball, it would Roll Uphill

Another weekend, another 250 mile round trip to Grantham.

Normally, I don't mind the journey so much, but even though I am able to have my choice of music on as loud as I like, I'm finding it quite hard to keep doing all this driving. Fortunately, once I move I will get the train into London, which is much more civilised and relaxed.

(Hopefully.)

The flat is all done now and on the market. We had two lots of potential buyers in over the weekend, and both seemed to be very impressed, so fingers crossed.

It would be nice to have an end to the uncertainty, and to get back to being a proper family. As we were walking back from K___'s sister's place on Saturday night, she said to me that she is finding it very hard being away from all the decisions at this end - the purchase of the new place is all in hand, but K___ is a hands-on type of person, and has found it difficult to take a back seat with regards the sale down here.

Olivia seems to be taking things in her stride. She was a little grumpy this weekend, but this is almost certainly a result of all the teeth she's been cutting. She now has four on the top, two on the bottom and at least two more on the way. She does an awful lot of talking now adays. Nothing intelligible yet - lots of 'dadadadada' noises (which are not 'Dada' as they are aimed at everything and anything) but it wont be too long. She's very close to crawling now. She pulls herself across the floor in a sort of commando crawl, and particularly likes the bits of my in-laws' living room floor that is bare wood as she slides across that nicely. Normally towards an ornament or something else she shouldn't be grabbing.

Her eating is really good now. She loves; broccoli, spinach, salmon, banana, toast, (bits of) pitta pockets stuffed with cheese, green beans and rice cakes and gets seventy percent or so into her mouth. Having those teeth has made a big difference! Apart from working out what has gone in by what is left in her bib or on the floor, we know it's going in by the smell of the nappies. Christ on a pogo stick, they smell. I gagged at the one before lunch today.

Oh well. That's the deal, and if you haven't worked out you're going to be dealing with stinky pants you really have no business having children.

Here's a pic of Olivia hitting the finale of a showtune from a few weeks ago. I would love to pretend this showbiz move is quite as impressive as it seems, but I have Photoshopped Mummy's arm from the snap.




3 comments:

  1. She's adorable, and nice work on the food--that's a great variety to get her started on, even if it's not so much fun for you on the other end. I sometimes wonder why we feed 3B so many black beans and so much corn, but he loves it all, so that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's good that she's eating so well. Gregory is still really suspicious of food. I find it so much harder after having Clara, who was an eat-everything girl, to follow that with two fussy boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness you told me that you photoshopped Mommy's arm out. I was wondering how on earth she was standing that way!

    ReplyDelete