Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Will You Sleep at Night

This isn't going to be as easy (!?!) as it was the first time. Last time I was pregnant I could roll in from work and collapse on the sofa. Now I have an active 13 month old who DOES NOT want to sleep in her own bed. Between my starfish hubbie and my starfish baby (like father like daughter) I get about a square inch of bed to sleep in. It still hasn't really sunk in that I am pregnant again but as I think about it abstractly I realise that this is going to be a lot more demanding, given the hectic family and work life we have now. There are plus points though; this time there will be no 80 mile round trips to work, standing up on public transport because the larger I got the more invisible I became to business men.

We were chatting about it earlier and one reason I think it all feels different is that last time we were soooooo ridiculously over-excited that from day 1 we were reading books and looking things up on the Internet to find out everything about the pregnancy. This time we are kind of at a loss of what to do at this point as I am fairly sure things haven't changed THAT much in the 13 months since we had Olivia. I think this time I will have to wait till I physically start feeling pregnant until it really sinks in. I only just remembered this evening to look up when the due date will be - 30th October as it happens. Maybe I should hang on that extra day and then take M2 'trick or treating' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment