Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Even Though She's Only Very Small She'll Leave You in No Doubt at All

The numerous joys of motherhood no. 4297...

Yesterday Olivia wouldn't nap in the afternoon while she was with Grandma. By the time I got home from work she wanted to go to sleep in her buggy...at 5pm. As her bedtime is 6.30 I didn't think this was a great idea and put it to her that she just needed to have her tea and then we would go home to bed. I got her out of the buggy, where she had parked herself, and took her dummy out...

Que much wailing and gnashing of teeth...

A clear 45+ minutes of screaming ensued with lots of trying to whack me etc.

The joys of motherhood? ...the words 'go away Mummy, I DON'T LOVE YOU!'

2 comments:

  1. Greg has learnt to say "you don't love me!" to make me feel bad when he's in the wrong!
    bless their little cotton socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, that's one part that none of the books mention. Not only do I get that, I also get, "I like Mommy better."

    ReplyDelete