Saturday, July 07, 2007

This is Planet Earth

At 4.50 pm on July 7th, 2007, Olivia rolled onto her front for the first time. I was watching but wasn't particularly expecting her to make it this particular time. She had got so close so many times, surely past the point of balance only to flop back onto her back.

I just had time to nudge K___ as Olivia went over and we broke in to delighted applause. It frightened Olivia so much that she flipped back again and started crying before we could get a photo.

In the background, Duran Duran played 'This is Planet Earth' at Live Earth. I only wish I could be as uncynical about the effect Live Earth will have as I am about my daughter rolling over.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:01 pm

    Enjoy these small milestones while you can. Once they hit one year old, time really starts flying!

    ReplyDelete