Monday, September 25, 2006

Day 166 - Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers

Although just a mere two entries ago, I wrote about mothers who drank during their pregnancies, I would just like to make it clear that I didn't mean to imply that it's bad when fathers-to-be do the same thing.
Now, you may choose to believe that I am only saying this because I have a guilty conscience. You may choose to imagine that I rather over-indulged at my brother's wedding do. Unfortunately, I cannot stop you from indulging in this idle speculation. Even if you were to think to yourself that by early evening the combination of champagne and wine was making me slur my words, there is little that I can do to stop you thinking such bad thoughts of me.
You might rail against a man if you were to think he had allowed himself to reach such an advanced stage of inebriation with his wife five and a half months pregnant. If he were to cry that his tolerance had gone through months of temperance, you might still think less of him, particularly if his wife found it necessary to take him out for a walk to try and get him to sober up a bit. It might be expected that you would think little of his protestations that he was not that drunk and it was probably only his wife's sobriety that made him seem so bad.
Yes, you might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

1 comment:

  1. I got to realise just how rubbish it is being the only sober (well actually one of two sober pregnant women) at a wedding reception!!!

    ReplyDelete